Great Road Trip Questions for Fun Conversation
These are fun questions to ask on a road trip to keep the conversation flowing
Heading out a road trip and need things to talk about? You’ll be able to easily keep the conversation flowing with these fun road trip questions.
Having a good list of questions or conversation starters is a great idea for a road trip.
I know when I’m facing a long stretch of road, talking with my fellow passengers can make the time go by faster…or even help you stay awake when driving through the night (be careful out there!)
Or maybe you’re road tripping with someone you don’t know very well. These questions will help you get to know your “co-pilot” better.
Keep reading for the full list!
Need help planning your road trip? Check out our list of the essential travel planning resources.
Grab your FREE printable travel planner.
Questions to ask on a road trip
Spark some great conversation with your travel companions using this list of road trip questions. See how many other questions you can come up with!
- If you could live in any country in the world other than where you currently live where would it be?
- What was the best trip you ever took and what made it so special for you?
- What are your favorite kinds of things to do or see when you travel?
- If you could speak any other language fluently, what would it be?
- What is your favorite all-time television show?
- What is your favorite all-time television character?
- What is one movie you saw that everyone else seemed to love but you hated?
- What movie do you love that everyone else seems to hate?
- What is your guilty pleasure movie?
- Who is your favorite actor?
- What is your favorite song?
- What is your favorite band?
- What’s your favorite book of all time?
- If you received $1 million in a windfall of some kind, how would you spend it?
- What is your dream house?
Pin this post!
- What one food could you eat every day and never grow tired of it?
- What three things would you want with you on a desert island (that aren’t people)?
- Who’s your secret celebrity crush?
- Would you choose donuts or cinnamon rolls if you could only have one the rest of your life?
- Do you like pie or cake better?
- Do you prefer pizza or burgers?
- If you had to give up ice cream or candy, which would you let go?
- What is your most unpopular opinion?
- What was your first real job (I.e., not a job a child has like a paper route or babysitting)?
- What was the worst job you ever had?
- Have you ever been fired? What happened? Did you deserve it?
- If you could only use one streaming service of any kind for the rest of your life, which would it be?
- If you could only drink one thing (other than water) for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- Do you prefer road tripping with campers or staying in hotels?
- You’re world famous for one day only. What are you famous for?
Road trip questions for couples
Check out these fun questions to ask your spouse on a road trip. They’re a great way to get to know each other a little better.
- What was your first impression of me when we met?
- What’s your favorite memory from our wedding day?
- If you could plan our wedding all over again, what would you change?
- What’s the one thing you wish that I knew about you?
- What’s something that you’ve never told anyone else before, not even me?
- What’s your secret dream, if you could be or do anything?
- If you could change any one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- Do you enjoy being a focus of attention? Why or why not?
- What would be your ideal date night?
- If you could whisk me away to anywhere in the world for a romantic getaway, where would we go?
“Would you rather” road trip questions
- Would you rather live at the beach and never be able to see the mountains or live in the mountains and never able to go to the beach?
- Would you rather have a job you love and are proud of but not make much money or have a career that pays really well but you don’t like?
- Would you rather have riches and have only shallow friendships or good friends but struggle with money all your life?
- Would you rather have the power of invisibility or teleportation?
- Would you rather have the ability to know the future or read minds?
- Would you rather give up coffee or chocolate for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather be liked or respected?
- Would you rather be the most intelligent person in the world or the most attractive person in the world?
- Would you rather be rich and unknown or famous but not have much money?
- Would you rather be blind or deaf?
- Would you rather keep your ability to walk or speak?
Deep road trip questions
- If you could change any one thing from your past, what would it be?
- If time and money were not factors, would change your career if you could?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory? And why is it important to you?
- Who is the person who influenced you most (for good) in your life?
- Who was the worst teacher or boss you ever had? What made them so terrible?
- What do you believe about the afterlife?
- If you could change one thing about society what would be it?
- What social justice issue are you most passionate about?
- Do you find it easy or difficult to make friends?
- Are you an introvert or extrovert?
- If you’re an introvert, what challenges does it present for you, if any?
- If you’re an extrovert, do you have a hard time relating to introverts?
- Is “popularity” important to you?
- Have you ever wanted to just pack up and go start over somewhere else? What made you feel that way?
- If you could know the exact day and manner of your death, would you want to know?
Road safety tips
Final thoughts on road trip conversation starters
With a great list of road questions, you’ll never lack for things to talk about as you drive along the highway.
Whether you’re looking to make deeper connections with your travel companions or just want to have some fun, questions like these make great conversation starters.
You’ll find that they often lead to more questions and some real fun talks.
What would you add to this list of road trip questions? Let us know down in the comments!
More articles related to preparing for road trips
- Things to do on a long road trip to pass the time
- Essential travel planning resources
- How to plan a travel budget
- Gluten-free road trip snacks
- Explore the Old South with this road trip itinerary
Pin this post!